PrestaShop v.1.3 Final is now available!
Used by more than 37,000 stores across the world and gathering a community of over 70,000 members, PrestaShop confirms its position as a challenger of Open Source e-commerce by releasing the 1.3 final version of its software. This new version represents thousands of hours of development, and strengthens the functional offer already expanded of PrestaShop.
A new stable version for PrestaShop
The 1.3 final version of PrestaShop is considered as being the most accomplished, stable and professional published until now. Many optimizations and fixes have been made to the project to maximize its performance and its international accessibility, including many suggestions and recommendations from the Open-Source community. PrestaShop is now published in three languages: English, Spanish and French.
Alongside technical improvements, a number of important new features have been added to the solution, bringing to more than 200 the number of technical, functional and graphical possibilities of a PrestaShop based e-shop.
Discover below a part of these new features and improvements :
- Module Moneybookers, allows to accept payments via Moneybookers
- Module Hipay, allows to accept payments via Hipay
- Module ReversoForm, allows to simplify the order process thanks to an automatic completion of customers’ data, based on the inversed repertory
- Module Dejala, allows to suggest a coursier delivery to your customer (France and Spain for now)
- Module Product Tooltip: displays on the product pages the number of simultaneous visitors, the date of the latest addition to the cart and purchase
- Module Catalog Evaluation, to verify the quality of its catalog in a few clicks (content descriptions, pictures, stocks …)
- Module Cross Selling, developped during the Community Day, allowing Cross-Selling
New features, improvements:
- Added natively Spanish language in the solution (Installer, BO, FO, index, tags)
- Redesign of the prices and taxes system
- Improved MySQL performance, added many MySQL indexes
- PHP 5.3 compatibility
- Improved the search engine and its performances, including words with a small quantity of characters
- The Paypal module has been significantly improved
- Improved elements related to SEO, especially for multilingual sites
- Added local specificities, like the tax identification number (Spain …) and the territories and provinces of Canada
- Improvement of the Google Checkout module
- Better compatibility with all Internet browsers
- Search function extended to the entire Back-Office
- New statistics features on the Back-Office homepage (days, months and years earlier)
- Automatic creation of a language when importing its .gzip file
- Conversely, automatic suggestion of downloading of a gzip file when creating a language
- Opportunity to purchase directly from the Installer additional modules and themes through PrestaStore
- Ability to restrict carriers to groups of clients
- Possibility to save only the necessary tables in the database, selecting tables
- Possibility to choose the default country of the shop during installation
- Ability to display in the back office modules valid only in your country
- Disabling Ajax search in the module “search block” if it is not in the header
- Several hooks have been added in the Back Office (backOfficeTop; backOfficeFooter; header …)
- When creating a module, you can limit it to one or more countries
Discover in the CHANGELOG below the 810 other modifications made since the 1.2.5 version of PrestaShop:
“Our goal is to continuously enrich PrestaShop to provide online merchants with an e-commerce software ever more complete, functional and suitable to their needs, while respecting their constraints. PrestaShop needs to be a modular and flexible solution to suit all countries and all activities.” says Igor Schlumberger, PrestaShop co-founder.
The release of PrestaShop v.1.3 finale is the opportunity to announce recent partnerships with major players in secure online payment, Moneybookers and Hipay (Hi-media group), joining Paypal and Google Checkout already present in the solution.
Moneybookers is one of the largest European providers of payment solutions for online payments in over 200 countries, in 42 currencies, and over 100 payment options ; Hi-Media is among the most trusted websites publishers, and occupies the position of the European market leader in interactive advertising and electronic payments.
French actors of e-commerce have also seen their services integrated into PrestaShop via a modular form, like the Dejala company, courier delivery service, and ReversoForm,a filling system of forms based on the concept of the reversed phone directory.
Comments are closed.