The GNOME Foundation is hiring a system administrator
The GNOME Foundation is hiring a system administrator. Thanks to all
of you who have made this possible!
= System Administrator Job Description =
The GNOME Foundation is seeking candidates for a part-time system
administrator position. The GNOME infrastructure cluster consists of a
distributed network of machines providing services such as version
control, bug tracking, web sites, and mailing lists to hundreds of
part and full-time GNOME developers, and to the GNOME user community.
The system administrator will work with and assist the volunteer GNOME
sysadmin team to keep these services running smoothly, securely, and
reliably, and to implement enhancements.
This position is not primarily a coding position, however a certain
amount of programming ability is needed to be able to maintain and
enhance the system administration scripts and custom web applications
that run on the GNOME servers.
This position reports to the Executive Director of the GNOME Foundation.
The successful candidate will:
* Be able to conceive and execute projects independently without
* Have experience working with volunteer and geographically
* Be technically strong with experience in many or most of the
* Multiple GNU/Linux distributions with specific knowledge of Red
Hat Enterprise Linux and Debian / Ubuntu distributions
* SQL databases
* Have good communication skills in written and spoken English.
* Be passionate about Free Software and have knowledge regarding GNOME.
Other job requirements include:
* Ability to communicate and manage projects and priorities with a
distributed group of volunteers who make up the GNOME Sysadmin team
* Weekly and monthly communication with the Executive Director and
quarterly reports regarding the Sysadmin Team’s work to the GNOME
There are no specific educational requirements for this position,
however a typical candidate will have completed or be in the process
of completing an undergraduate degree. Several years experience
maintaining production servers is mandatory.
== How to Apply ==
To apply for this job, send your resume to email@example.com.
== Timeline ==
* June 22nd: deadline for accepting resumes
* June 15-July 15th: phone interviews by hiring team
* July 25-30th: Follow up with top candidates.
* August 9th: Job starts.
Comments are closed.