PostgreSQL Weekly News – June 06 2010
== PostgreSQL Weekly News – June 06 2010 ==
On June 11, 2010, Gabriele Bartolini of 2ndQuadrant Italia will speak
On June 12, 2010, the Italian PostgreSQL Users Group (ITPUG) will
== PostgreSQL Product News ==
ChronicDB v2.2.2, a schema deployment tool, released.
== PostgreSQL Jobs for June ==
== PostgreSQL Local ==
SouthEast LinuxFest 2010 will take place in Spartanburg, SC USA on
Michael Renner will be speaking at Netways OSDC in Nuremberg, Germany,
CHAR(10), the PostgreSQL Conference on Clustering, High Availability
PDXPUG Day will be July 18, 2010 at the Oregon Convention Center in
OSCON will take place in Portland, Oregon July 19-23, 2010.
== PostgreSQL in the News ==
Planet PostgreSQL: http://planet.postgresql.org/
PostgreSQL Weekly News is brought to you this week by David Fetter
Submit news and announcements by Sunday at 3:00pm Pacific time.
== Applied Patches ==
Heikki Linnakangas committed:
- In pgsql/src/backend/replication/walsender.c, send all outstanding
- In pgsql/src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c, fix obsolete comments
Bruce Momjian committed:
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/config.sgml, reword fsync and full_page_writes
- In pgsql/src/pl/plpgsql/src/pl_exec.c, add error hint that PL/pgSQL
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/docguide.sgml, document how to find TeX
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/docguide.sgml, update TeX overflow
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/docguide.sgml, overflow box is on page after
- In pgsql/src/backend/commands/indexcmds.c, show schema name for
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/extend.sgml, add documentation section “Using
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/extend.sgml, fix SGML markup for tag title.
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/extend.sgml, mention palloc/pfree for C++
- Comment out C++ docs for later user. Tone down C++ compatibility in
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/release-9.0.sgml, update C++ release note item
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/func.sgml, document that && geometric operator
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/func.sgml, clarify array generate_subscripts()
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/citext.sgml, document that citext operators
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/extend.sgml, document use of C++ for extension
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/func.sgml, document regexp_matches() better
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/extend.sgml, markup fix.
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/release-9.0.sgml, update 9.0 release notes to
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/release-9.0.sgml, fix CREATE TRIGGER release
Alvaro Herrera committed:
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/ref/reassign_owned.sgml, add note about
- In pgsql/src/include/catalog/pg_control.h, add comments about
Andrew Dunstan committed:
- In pgsql/src/tools/msvc/vcregress.pl, run recently backported
- In pgsql/src/tools/msvc/vcregress.pl, fix regression test name for
Robert Haas committed:
- On clean shutdown during recovery, don’t warn about possible
ITAGAKI Takahiro committed:
- In pgsql/contrib/dblink/dblink.c, fix dblink to treat connection
- Replace “slave” to “standby” in documentation for consistent
- Ensure default-only storage parameters for TOAST relations to be
Tom Lane committed:
- In pgsql/src/include/catalog/pg_control.h, bump PG_CONTROL_VERSION
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/release-9.0.sgml, remove link that breaks
- Add current WAL end (as seen by walsender, ie, GetWriteRecPtr()
- In pgsql/src/backend/replication/walsender.c, adjust misleading
- In pgsql/doc/src/sgml/func.sgml, improve our explanation of the
Peter Eisentraut committed:
- Fix some inconsistent quoting of wal_level values in messages.
- Translation updates for 9.0beta2.
When referring to postgresql.conf syntax, then it’s without quotes
- In pgsql/src/backend/libpq/hba.c, fix reference to nonexistent
Marc Fournier committed:
- Tag 9.0beta2.
Michael Meskes committed:
- Added variable handling for RETURNING clause to ecpg. While the
== Rejected Patches (for now) ==
Bruce Momjian’s patches to allow setting wal_keep_segments to -1,
Pavel Stehule’s patch to add new custom GUCs for date and time
== Pending Patches ==
Fujii Masao sent in three patches to fix streaming replication.
Jan Urbanski and Tom Lane traded patches to fix tsvector stats.
Peter Eisentraut sent in a patch to allow a client to authenticate a
Tom Lane sent in a WIP patch to fix some some misbehavior on
Andy Balholm sent in a WIP patch to allow dividing money by money.
Daniele Varrazzo sent in a patch to implement a regexp_match()
KaiGai Kohei sent two different patches intended to close some
Dean Rasheed sent in a patch to fix the docs for ALTER TABLE …
Comments are closed.