eBox 1.5 installer released
Hi fellow eBox users,
As many of you were expecting, we’re now glad to announce the
availability of the first installer CD for eBox Platform 1.5! You can
download the new installer, as usual, from our Downloads  page.
eBox Platform 1.5 is a development version based on Ubuntu 10.04 and it
will become eBox Platform 2.0 (next stable release) after a
stabilization period. We have now finished with the development and from
now on we will focus all our attention (with your help!) on testing,
bugfixing and optimizing the software.
These are the most relevant changes since eBox Platform 1.4 release:
– Improved software management: the ebox-software package acts now as a
installer. It also eases the process of installing, updating or deleting
– Autoconfiguration wizards integrated in the administration interface.
– New mode for network interfaces: bridged.
– Improved logs performance.
– Webserver with HTTPS support.
– New FTP module.
Please remember that 1.5 is a beta version and it is not intended for
production environments. Having said that, we would appreciate greatly
your help in testing this version and making the eBox 2.0 a great release!
Comments are closed.