Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 5.5 GNOME and KDE
The best, refined blend of GNU/Linux, coming with bleeding edge edges is eventually here! Say hello to Sabayon Five-point-Fivehh, available in both GNOME and KDE editions!
Dedicated to those who like cutting edge stability, out of the box experience, outstanding Desktop performance, clean and beauty. Sabayon 5.5 will catch you, anything that could have been compiled, has been compiled, anything cool that could have been implemented or updated, it’s there.
- More than 1000 updated packages since Sabayon 5.4 and more than 100 bugs (stability, usability and performance) fixed
- Shipped with Desktop-optimized Linux kernel 2.6.37 (Group Scheduling patch, Tuxonice, AUFS2.1) and Glibc 2.11
- Cutting-edge X.Org Graphics stack (mesa-7.10 + xorg-server-1.9 + 2.6.37 kernel = KMS enabled, Gallium3d, best performance with OSS drivers)
- Providing the best AMD/ATI and NVIDIA Linux Desktop out-of-the-box experience out there
- Providing extra Server-optimized, OpenVZ-enabled, Vserver-enabled kernels in repositories
- Installable in 10 minutes
- Slightly faster boot time compared to Sabayon 5.4
- Ext4 filesystem as default, btrfs (experimental), encrypted (luks) filesystem support
- Containing GNOME 2.32 (getting ready for GNOME 3.0) and KDE 4.5.5 (KDE 4.6.0 will be available through updates)
- Outstanding 3D Desktop applications (Compiz, Compiz Fusion and KWin) working out of the box
- Sane Desktop Compositing now enabled by default (Metacity Compositing for GNOME, KWin Compositing for KDE)
- Bringing Entropy Framework 1.0_alpha9 and complete PackageKit support
- Shipped with OpenOffice productivity suite and all the multimedia applications you need
- Transform Sabayon into an full-featured HTPC Operating System (Media Center) using XBMC
- Shipped with World of Goo Demo – best 2D game ever!
- Improved Windows autostart support, try Sabayon directly from your Microsoft OS!
- An i686-compatible Processor (Intel Pentium II/III, Celeron, AMD Athlon)
- 512Mb RAM (GNOME) – 768Mb RAM (KDE)
- 8 GB of free space
- A X.Org supported 2D GPU
- A DVD reader
- A Dual Core Processor (Intel Core 2 Duo or better, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better)
- 1024Mb RAM
- 15 GB of free space
- A X.Org supported 3D GPU (Intel, AMD, NVIDIA) (esp. for XBMC)
ISO images (those little .iso files that you have download and burn) are available on our mirrors:
- Sabayon Linux 5.5 amd64 (x86_64, x64) GNOME:
- Sabayon Linux 5.5 x86 (i686, x32) GNOME:
- Sabayon Linux 5.5 amd64 (x86_64, x64) KDE:
- Sabayon Linux 5.5 x86 (i686, x32) KDE:
- Sabayon Mirrors Page
- Sabayon Bittorrent Tracker
Thanks everybody involved!
Comments are closed.