Webmin 1.550 released, with security fix
Webmin version 1.550 is now available for download from
http://www.webmin.com/ . This release includes the following
major changes :
– Fixed an XSS vulnerability in the Users and Groups module that
can be triggered if an attacker has the ability to change the
real name of a Unix user.
– Added support for the Upstart boot system, seen on Ubuntu 10
– Added the Test Zone Transfer button to the slave zone page in
the BIND module, to check if zone transfers are possible or not.
– Added the Sending Email page to the Webmin Configuration module,
which controls how Webmin itself sends messages.
– In the PHP Configuration module, added support for selecting the
timezone on the Other Settings page, thanks to Matt Lewandowsky.
– In the DHCP module, added a Module Config option to automatically
refresh the lease list every few seconds, and a link to force a
As always, please send me any bug reports or feature suggestions that
you might have.
WhatsUp Gold – Download Free Network Management Software
The most intuitive, comprehensive, and cost-effective network
management toolset available today. Delivers lowest initial
acquisition cost and overall TCO of any competing solution.
Forwarded by the Webmin announcements list at email@example.com
To remove yourself from this list, go to
Comments are closed.