Warsow 0.62 released
While most of the ongoing work is happening on the 0.7 development branch, we took the time to port some of the changes and make a new point release of 0.6, fixing some of the outstanding performance issues. The autoupdate for servers will soon follow, although it won’t bring any VBO fixes to clients, the later will have to download the new .exe/binary files elsewhere. Anyway, here’s the 0.62 changelog:
- Changed gunblade selfdamage to 100% and knockback to 78.
- Simplified rendering of ‘rgbgen lightingDiffuse’ shaders, which allowed to merge them into larger vertex buffer objects at load time to improve performance.
- Sped up culling of simple planar shadows to improve performance.
- Take map area visibility into account when creating vertex buffer objects for surfaces.
- Particle entities spawned too many dynamic lights with them.
- Fixed occasional disco lights on wbomb2.
- Fixed a nasty bug in q1 bsp loader that could potentially crash clients.
Download the update now!
Comments are closed.