Mandriva 2011 beta3
as was previously announced in cooker mailing list, Mandriva and Rosa teams has decided that additional time would be needed to finish the stabilization of Mandriva 2011 and Rosa 2011 desktop editions. Therefore, as was promised last week on cooker mailing list, I am gladly presenting to you Mandriva 2011 beta3 version, which should be available on your favorite mirror shortly.
Among the highlights of this release, the following items are present:
- – from now on, the image contains non-free software for improved desktop experience, such as dkms drivers and non-free firmware for improved out-of-the-box functionality of peripheral devices
- – new UI theme for widgets, KDM and KDE environment, developed by ROSA Labs, is provided by default
- – new features in system panel (rosapanel), stack folders and system start menu (SimpleWelcome, also known as ROSA Starter),
- – new TimeFrame feature, powered by nepomuk technology, which provides semantic desktop capabilities to the initial menu, allowing you to easily browse your files by date
- – new dolphin file browsing interface
- – a mass-rebuilding procedure was carried out to improve the system stability for supported packages
- – and, of course, lots of bugfixes and package updates
Among notable software version updates are systemd 27, kernel 220.127.116.11 and syslinux 4, among many others.
Comments are closed.