Horde Groupware 4.0 (final)
The Horde Team is pleased to announce the final release of the Horde Groupware
Horde Groupware is a free, enterprise ready, browser based collaboration
suite. Users can manage and share calendars, contacts, tasks and notes
standards compliant components from the Horde Project.
The installation method for Horde Groupware 4 has been changed
to use the PEAR installer. Please follow the instructions on
http://www.horde.org/apps/groupware/docs/INSTALL to install Horde Groupware.
The major changes compared to the Horde Groupware version 1 are:
* Completely refactored for PHP 5.
* New installation process through PEAR installer.
* Simplified configuration process.
* ActiveSync support.
* Frameless layout.
* Grouping into advanced and simple user preferences.
* Improved caching and reduced session sizes.
* Much faster Share library.
* Reduced dependency on external libraries.
* Lots of improvements in all library components.
Address book changes:
* Duplicates searching and merging.
* New AJAX frontend with integrated tasks support.
* New mobile frontend.
* Resource scheduling.
* System calendars.
* Calendar coloring.
* Calendar and event tagging.
* Cross-timezone support.
* CalDAV client support.
* Improved recurring event exceptions.
* Improved notification and invitation messages.
* New Ajax frontend (in calendar).
* System task lists.
* Task list coloring.
* Quick task adding.
The full list of changes can be viewed here:
The Horde Team.
Comments are closed.