Speed Dreams 2.0 Beta 1 is up!
#Speed Dream 2.0 #Beta 1 is now available for #testing on #Windows (2.0.0-b1-r3937): t.co/rudsEkZb #Ubuntu #packages will follow.
Speed Dreams is a 3d cross-platform, open source motorsport simulation and racing game. It is released under the GNU General Public License (GPL). For the moment, the supported platforms are Linux (x86, x86_64) and 32 bit Windows. The Mac OS X port is 95% finished, more volunteers are welcome…
Speed Dreams is a fork of the open racing car simulator Torcs, aiming to implement exciting new features, cars, tracks and AI opponents to make a more enjoyable game for the player, as well as constantly improving visual and physics realism.
The current official release features :
- visually reworked menus by Brian Gavin, Eckhard Jaeger, Andrew Sumner and Jean-Philippe Meuret,
- 3 amazing fine tuned and balanced new car sets by Andrew Sumner and Haruna Say: Super Cars, 36 GP and LS-GT1,
- an updated TRB1 car set (well balanced, more realistic behaviour),
- 3 exciting new tracks and many visually improved ones,
- smashing liveries for all these cars, by Eckhard M. Jaeger and Haruna Say,
- 2 new TRB first-class robot for the Supercars, 36 GP and TRB1 car sets :USR by Andrew Sumner and Simplix by Wolf-Dieter Beelitz (at last real AI opponents !),
- animated driver by Andrew Sumner on 36GP cars, 3D wheels for all cars by Eric Espie,
- 2 new leader-board modes by Gabor Kmetyko, smoke on spinning tires by Andrew Sumner,
- brand new gauges by Eckhard M. Jaeger, and many many other small visual improvements,
- experimental Simu V3 physics engine by Christos Dimitrakakis,
- many menu improvements (support for grid shifting, optimized track select load time,category filter when selecting driver, more infos in results and standings boards),
and much more …
Comments are closed.