PC-BSD 9.0RC1 Available
The first release candidate for the upcoming PC-BSD 9.0 is now available! This release includes the latest FreeBSD 9.0-RC1 base, along with numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
Notable changes in this release: (In no particular order)
- Added support for installing to BootCamp partitions on Apple OSX systems
- Added checks for invalid characters in the username
- Added button to installer allowing toggle between US keyboard layout and currently selected
- Added improved portjail init scripts
- Life-Preserver now defaults to backing up to a remote directory set as the client hostname
- Add some sanity checks to pbi-manager when creating new repositories
- Fixed bugs setting the proxy server in pbi-manager / AppCafe (Uses the default config in networking GUI)
- Improved the default firewall ruleset
- Enable IPv6 support on all nic’s by default
- Added options to pbi-manager which enables tmpfs memory building
- Improved pc-thinclient setup to use pre-built FreeBSD world instead of building from source
- Fix bug in pbi-manager when doing binary updates to ensure it is only attempted on the correct build
- Fix issues installing with mirrors / raidz on ZFS
Since this is a pre-release, please feel assist us by reporting and fixing bugs. Users are encouraged to discuss their findings on the testers mailing list, or via the PC-BSD Forums.
There are a greater variety of ways to install PC-BSD in the 9.x series. When providing feedback please indicate which install media you are using and in which window manager the error occurs.
Comments are closed.