Press Release: Sabayon Linux 7 Experimental Releases
Directly from our “Breaking Stuff” dept., three new Sabayon 7 releases have seen the light!
These releases all go under the “Experimental” umbrella, not that because
- LXDE is a minimal, CD-sized flavour geared towards low-end computers, shipping the LXDE Desktop Environment.
- E17 is a minimal, CD-sized flavour made for people wanting to showcase the magic of Enlightenment 17.
- Awesome is a first timer here, thanks to Brian Tomlinson efforts, Sabayon has now an Awesome WM flavour as well.
- Latest and greatest package updates from repositories (updated on November, 8 2011)
- Shipping with the Linux Kernel 3.1.0 (woot!)
- Even more lightweight, GCC is now provided by the sys-devel/gcc package, shipped separately
- ext4 filesystem as default, btrfs, encrypted filesystem support
- Installable in less than 5 minutes
- Completely customizable system after install.
- Entropy and Portage ready (giving access to thousands of installable packages)
- This is part of the Sabayon 7 release series, see this Press Release as well
None since last Sabayon 7 release.
Please find the official file names and hashes below.
Comments are closed.