PC-BSD 9.0-RC3 Now available!
The third (and hopefully last) release candidate for the upcoming PC-BSD 9.0 is now available! This
release includes the latest FreeBSD 9.0-RC3 base, along with numerous bug fixes and enhancements.
This is the first release available as both pre-built VirtualBox & VMware images. Each image includes
the various guest tools pre-installed, ready for booting in the Virtual environment of your choice.
This release also includes a new graphical boot-loader for fresh installations.
Users performing an upgrade from RC2 -> RC3 can enable the new bootloader by placing the following lines
in /boot/loader.conf manually:
# Enable the graphical boot-loader
Notable changes in this release: (In no particular order)
* Fixed the default KDE wallpaper / desktop theme
* Add option to skip performing system upgrades at bootup, in case the user doesn’t have the time to wait.
* Fix bug starting the port jail from rc.d
* Make sure we clear any KDE cache during upgrade
* Fixed bugs installing some PBIs from AppCafe causing seg faults
* Load ext2fs automatically
* Default LXDE clock to AM/PM time
* Add default openbox wallpaper / menus
* Load the “iir” raid driver on install media
* Add extra meta-pkg for VMware guest support
* Reduce CPU usage while checking for system updates on the tray
* Add new graphical boot loader enabled by default
* Updated the handbook for 9.0
* Speed up the download process of system upgrades
* Add patch for GDM which corrects issues with auto-login
* Created new VirtualBox / VMware images for download
* Known Issues*
The system sources / ports tree don’t show up during the component selection, will be fixed for the final.
The firewall manager incorrectly reads the /etc/pf.conf file, will be fixed in the final.
The default QT theme doesn’t always match the rest of the desktops, will be fixed in the final.
Since this is a pre-release, please feel assist us by reporting and
fixing bugs. Users are encouraged to discuss their findings on the
testers mailing list <http://lists.pcbsd.org/mailman/listinfo/testing>,
or via the PC-BSD Forums <http://forums.pcbsd.org/forumdisplay.php?f=64>.
There are a greater variety of ways to install PC-BSD in the 9.x series.
When providing feedback please indicate which install media you are
using and in which window manager the error occurs.
Comments are closed.