Sabily 11.10 released!
Bismillah Arrahman Arrahim,
The Sabily team is proud to announce the release of the new version of Sabily 11.10, codename “Uhud”.
You can download it here: link
– New “Uhud” pictures and wallpapers, new plymouth and GDM themes
– Hijra: Better support for Gnome3; added Gnome shell extension
– Thawab: Added support for configurable themes, added bok2ki script
– Monajat: Prayer times reminder & azan player
– fonts-hosny-amiri: Arabic Naskh style typographically oriented font
– Alfanous: Quranic search engine
– gnome-shell-extension-islamic-datetime: GNOME Shell extension providing Islamic date/time functions
– gnome-tweak-tool: a tool to customize advanced GNOME 3 options
New from Ubuntu 11.10:
– Linux kernel 3.0
– Default email client is Thunderbird instead of Evolution
– Déjà Dup backup system included in the standard installation
– Login manager is lightdm instead of gdm
– Gwibber has a new interface using the most recent GNOME technologies.
And still “nanny”, parental web control application
“Gnome Nanny is an easy way to control what your kids are doing in the computer. You can limit how much time a day each one of them is browsing the web, chatting or doing email. You can also decide at which times of the day the can do this things. Gnome Nanny filters what web pages are seen by each user, so you can block all undesirable webs and have your kids enjoy the internet with ease of mind, no more worries!” (from nanny’s website)
Important: to add blacklists to nanny, follow this procedure:
– download nanny.nbl file
– go to “System-Administration-Blacklists” menu
– click on “import” and select the nanny.nbl file
– select the blacklist entry and click on “edit”, then select which categories you want to block
Comments are closed.