PHP 5.3.9 released with hash DoS fix
The PHP development team would like to announce the immediate availability of PHP 5.3.9. This release focuses on improving the stability of the PHP 5.3.x branch with over 90 bug fixes, some of which are security related.
Security Enhancements and Fixes in PHP 5.3.9:
- Added max_input_vars directive to prevent attacks based on hash collisions. (CVE-2011-4885)
- Fixed bug #60150 (Integer overflow during the parsing of invalid exif header). (CVE-2011-4566)
Key enhancements in PHP 5.3.9 include:
- Fixed bug #55475 (is_a() triggers autoloader, new optional 3rd argument to is_a and is_subclass_of).
- Fixed bug #55609 (mysqlnd cannot be built shared)
- Many changes to the FPM SAPI module
For a full list of changes in PHP 5.3.9, see the ChangeLog. For source downloads please visit our downloads page, Windows binaries can be found on windows.php.net/download/.
All users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to PHP 5.3.9.
Comments are closed.